Skip to main content

LIKES AND DISLIKES

Study this follows!


Shinta   : Where are you going, Budi?
Budi     : I want to go to Borobudur Temple. Will you come along with me?
Shinta  : I'd love to but I have some homework that must be submitted tomorrow.
             It's Math Homework.
Budi    : Well, I hate Math subject. It makes me dizzy, you know!
Shinta  : I don't think so. Because Math subject's full of mistery that I have to find them out.

When you would like to express "Likes or Dislikes", you can use a verb "Like" or "Dislike".

For examples:

I like an apple.
I dislike a candy.

The word /like/ means to be the same or to be fond of something. But, the word /dislike/ is to say that one hates or is not fond of something.

Besides, you can use other expressions to describe that you /like/ or /dislike/ something, like:

I'm crazy about it.
Give me more money!
I'm interested in painting.
Wow! what a wonderful game it is!
I'm not keen on ....
I'm eager to join your party.
I enjoy staying here for longer.
He's fond of reading a comic.

Some of the expressions above can not separated or unconstructed for they have a united meaning. When one of the elements of the sentences are omitted, the meaning /like/ or /dislike/ becomes nothing!.
To say something like that, one condition or situation must be created first.

For examples:

Budi always spends his time to visit his grandfather in Magelang.

The word /always/ contains the meaning. On the other hand, the sentence describes a routinity that is done by Budi all the time. When he feels that this activity makes him bored, of course, he will not go there. He even does it rarely.

Because /he always .../, this expression can be interpreted that budi likes to visit his granfather in magelang.

Learn this follows more!

I can't stand staying here longer!
I can't bear waiting for you!
I can't help to be your companion!

Take notice that the bold words or phrase can be placed or used in every situation. These phrase are not the same as the previous examples.