Skip to main content

STEP-4 : PRACTICE ONE

Click Here to start to Learn English Grammar from the Step One (All Free for Beginner Only)

Congratulation!
Now's time for you to get the best point of all basic steps!

When you have already understood the previous lesson, now's time to go to Step Four. In this step, you need to practise the lesson into two main implementation :

1. Write a short passage
2. Say Everything in English

EXPLANATION 1 : WRITE A SHORT STORY

1. At first, begin to write a simple sentence which contains one subject, one verb and one object or one adverb.

Study this follows carefully!




Don't forget to pay close attention to the types of sentences such as Nominal sentence or verbal sentence. When you make a sentence and the sentence is in verbal, what types of verb will be used, bare-infinitive or to infinitive. In this step, please do not force yourself to use one of the tenses in English. Just focus on yourself to the basic pattern (Step one to three) because we will discuss it later on its own step.

Note :

Subjective pronoun, e.g. I, you, we, they, he, she and it must be placed before the subject and place the objective pronoun at the back of bare-infinitive. Please study the pronoun below again and again!



Therefore, we can not place the subject in the object position or vice verse.

For examples:

1.Subject + Verb


She loves.

2.Subject + Verb + Object


She loves me.

3.Subject + Verb + Adverb
(Here, you can choose the type of adverb you like.)

She loves now. (The word /now/ is adverb of time)

Besides, you can combine the object and the adverb in the same time.

For examples:

She loves me now.


Those sentence above is in verbal sentence because the verb used is in lexical-meaning-verb which has an exact meaning (please look up your dictioanary!). Then, try to make a nominal sentence.

4.Subject + Be + Complement

Remember that you should place non-verb like noun, noun phrase, pronoun, adjective or adverb in the complement position.

I am happy.


Then try to place an adverb of quality between the be /am/ and the adjective /happy/.

I am very happy.


To combine th two sentence above (Nominal and verbal), Use the Conjunction, e.g. /And/.

For example:

She loves me now and I am very happy.


After that you can try to place the first sentence to the second or vice verse and try to find the suitable conjunction as far as you know (Please do not force yourself to be prefect because this step is in basic step).

For examples:

She knows me now and I am very happy.


or,

I am very happy because she knows me now.


In this case, you have already made two sentences (Verbal and nominal sentence) in the same time by using a certain conjunction to combine them. Continue the sentence by writing new other sentences.

For examples:

"well, I am very happy because she loves me now. Then She invites me to a party tonight. Oh, we have a love affair now. I always remember her every seconds. I hope she never forgets me".
When we count, there are 6 sentences we have already combine to make a short paragraph or a short story, they are:

1.I am very happy.
2.She loves me now.
3.She invites me to a party tonight.
4.I always remember her every seconds.
5.I hope.
6.She never forgets me.


The conjunction used are:

1.Because
2.Then


Free expressions used are:

1.Well,
2.Oh,


Now's your turn to make your own sentences. Please try to make a short sentence like illustrated for you above and find another to make a short passage or story. Practise this step regularly!. Remember that practice makes perfect!.

EXPLANATION 2 : SAY EVERYTHING IN ENGLISH

This step should be practised intensively. Please do not blame me if I say to you (All beloved learners : "It is A MUST and No "Buts"!.... (laughing ... why not, dear?", Just do it!")).
What we really need to achieve the highest comprehension from the first step of this lessons are only :

1.Motives to learn.
2.Practise what you have to do. (... come on!, don't blame me for this!)

As you know that, reading without practising is like eating without swallowing ...well, I can guarantee that you will be starving forever .. believe me!.
Therefore, do the step above regularly. Now's time for us to discuss the next sub-step, that is, "Say
everything in English".

This sub step, actually, is very simple!. you just say everything in English when you touch, you do your daily activities and whatever you do or act.

When you open the door, say to yourself : " I open the door ". Then when you go to work or school, say to yourself : " I go to work." or " I want to go to work.".
So, by practising this sub step, you will create a new world in your mind that English is your own language. This will helps you to be more perfect of your English.
Remember that when you say everything in English, you can say it to your friend, mom, daddy, younger or older brother or sister of your own even you can say it to yourself. But please don't say that I teach you how to be a crazy man or a crazy woman ... (laughing ...).

What I have to do this time and in this blog is giving you the small way to introduce you how to learn English effectively and efficiently like I did before.
What I dream is you can have two abilities in English, they are : Writing and Speaking.
When you feel that this time is the best time to practise to the foreigner or native speakers, I will not forbide you and I will say " Why not? ". Even you will knows much how your ear can listen to what the foreigners say to you. That means you will practise your listening ability. (Please don't tell me I teach you how to measure your ear physically. I think you are not deaf, right? ..... (laughing loudly ...)).
I just want you to be the best, guys!.

<<< Back  .... Please visit me later for the next step!